The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Username Disappearance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reika, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Reika

Reika Registered

I'm stumped on this issue... when I go to the "Restore Backup" screen, not a single username appears. I'm sure that all of the settings are correct, and all of the username folders/files are there, yet it seems to not be identifying any of them. I've checked and rechecked all paths and options yet it seems that there's some (probably obvious) problem that I'm missing.
    I'm not sure if it's some sort of horrible side effect from my compressing, downloading, then uploading again the entire /cpbackup directory, but I really have no idea of how to fix it, and I'm getting desperate. :D

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

You should click on "Configure Backups" and set it to "Restore Only". Then try the restore from backups link again.

3. Reika

Reika Registered

I've already selected that, however... I simply can't see anything odd with the settings.

4. DHL

DHL Well-Known Member

You need to have the correct format selected, ie. compressed (.tar.gz) or non compressed for the backup type too. Hope this helps.

5. Israel.lopez

Israel.lopez Member

I get the same issue too. I am sure I can just work with the /backup/cpbackup/<backuptype>/<username>/ file structure. Grr... I would have liked the CPanel restore feature. But I also do not see any of the Accounts.

New OS, backupdrive was unchanged.. very odd.