Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

backup whm/cpanel settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PPNSteve, Mar 10, 2008.

1. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    so I need to back up my server to replace some bad hardware and refresh the OS.. how do you back up WHM/cPanel's settings? dns, accounts, config's, apache/php/mysql, etc..

Also is there an easy way to capture all the account info / data and store it on another drive on a remote sever (also cPanel) VS running cpbackup script one account (and all that /home dir space usage for the .tar.gz as well as server loads) at a time?

basically we just need to store the current setup offline til they repair our box.. we have no $ to buy any 3rd party service etc.. we do have access to a secondary drikve on another server, how would we FTP(?)/connect to it to store these backups?

any suggestions? help?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi Steve,

The best way to backup the whole server in a single go [including the complete server configuration] would be using RSYNC :D
    Let me know if you need any further info... :) Or visit my site's blogs for more info..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...