The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup with dates or something...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taihnd, Apr 13, 2006.

1. taihnd

taihnd Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do a daily backups on my server, which have a few sites... Each night it backup, it replaces the night before. Is there a way to seperate them with dates or some sort of context? i would like to keep all my backups... please help...

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. Lord Merlin

Lord Merlin Member

I'm new to a VPS hosting scenario, and have some questions about this backup. My provider provides a nightly backup for my server, but as I understand it backups the whole server. The problem is, I can't restore only a single client's account, it will restore the whole account.

Does the WHM backup option backup each account seperately? As I understand I need to get a seperate (with another company) account (FTP only?) to send the backups to? What is the recommendation on this? Any good, reliable, affordable companies? Currently I have a 10GB account. I assume I don't need an account with cPanel / VPS for this? Can the data be encrypted?