The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Sc0rpion, May 2, 2004.

1. Sc0rpion

Sc0rpion Member

Hi people! Great tool you made.;)

Okay i want to ask when I take a full backup of my site will it take everything including mysql database, other subdomains?
    That would be great if i could backup my site with one click instead of making one backup for sql and one for the other.

like the full backup shown on pic:
    [​IMG]
    also there is a bug, if you look at the picture it says dns lookup when im really in the backup section.

2. Sc0rpion

Sc0rpion Member

I tried making full backup. then i uploaded it to Home backup upload. Then I went to my ftp server and the files had been unzipped in the home directory. and there was lots of folders that I have never seen before. Like sql folders and stuff. So do I need to get my webhost to update or something because I dont know where to put all these files. The only one i know where to put is the public_html folder that I found in the backup.

3. wipl_piyush

wipl_piyush Well-Known Member

Hello -

Could you please tell me which tool are you talking about. And which own is providing the Script or tool..please share the things with us.

4. Sc0rpion

Sc0rpion Member

The backup feature in tools section.

5. eazistore

eazistore Well-Known Member

Hi Sc0rpion,

My new server which does not hold much domain (about 20+ accounts) right now.
    I am also using the same method to make a full backup of the site including MySQL and sub-domains.

I ever try the FULL BACKUP and when RSTORE, it indeeded create folders all over the places which is messy.

No choice, I am apply the BACKUP FOR HOME and then BACKUP SQL and BACKUP FOR SUB and put them in my local folder :)

If you got any good solution please let me know as well :)

Sincerely,
    Vincent

6. Sc0rpion

Sc0rpion Member

Thanks for your reply, I really appriciate it.

I used full backup, and I am very sure that it backed up everything. I downloaded the backup archive and looked in it. There I found my public_html, .fantasicodata, logs, email, tmp and some other folders that I use. But I found also the SQL (i think) tables and other various things. I think they are folders that belongs earlier in the path, and I dont have access to that. I only have access to home/scorpion dir.

So I guess I can make my webhost rebackup them for me?? because when I updated the server with that same archive I used the home update feature and it just unzipped the archive in the home/scorpion dir.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

EDIT:

ok I will just backup SQL and home backup. that will work.

but one question: what is aliases and filter backup?

#6 Sc0rpion, May 5, 2004
    Last edited: May 5, 2004
  7. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    aliases are any email aliases you may have configured and filters are any email filters you have created.

HTH