The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups hanging server at night

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by bsasninja, Mar 23, 2012.

1. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

Since yesterday Im getting one of my servers hanged, only ocurrs at 3AM. Some backups are made but I suspect that it hangs when its backing a certain domain (the one causing the problem)

I checked crontab, runned smartd (PASSED), badblocks command and everything is ok. On /var/log/messages I have this:

server kernel: EXT3-fs error (device sda8): ext3_lookup: unlinked inode 68518001 in dir #68517945
    sda8 is /home

Is there a command for searching that inode number and see to which directory belongs??? I tried ls -i but is a mess to look all directories one by one.

Server has been working excellent since yesterday when this issue appeared. Any help will be appreciated.

2. schwim

schwim Well-Known Member

I had this exact issue two weeks ago. My problem was caused by running out of HDD space during the creation of the backup file. Removing some content resolve my issue.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should be able to find by inode number:

Code:
    find /home -inum 68518001
    That would look for inode number 68518001 in /home and find the file's name and location.