The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backups not deleted on account termination

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by BigLebowski, Aug 6, 2008.

1. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Well-Known Member

If I delete user fred1234, the corresponding backup
    in /backups/cpbackup/daily/fred1234.tar.gz lingers.

This means I have several hundred accounts backed up unnecessarily, occupying multo GB.

Is there a Cpanel script or function I can use to delete them? If not, is there a file that contains a list of all current web accounts (other than httpd.conf which I will have to parse) so that I can script up something to delete them.

Dude
    =----=----=----=
    the dude abides
    =----=----=----=

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

cPanel doesn't removes anything from your /backup mount, you will have to remove any backups manually.

I wonder what a mess it would be if "Terminating" a account accidently would also remove their Backups. EEEK :confused:

you can use the option "show reseller accounts" in main whm, or fetch the CSV file from "list all accounts" when displaying all accounts. to get list of active hosted account.

I don't think there's a backup cleaning utility inside the cPanel but you could try your own script if you are comfortable with writing custom bash scripts.

3. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member