The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups wth Jungledisk?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by cycas, May 9, 2014.

1. cycas

cycas Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    At the moment our Cpanel/WHM backups are just held locally on our cloud account - plus complete disk image backups organised by our cloud hosting provider - but I realise this isn't good enough and want to start holding individual account backups in a separate location with a separate supplier, to provide for that nightmare scenario where the hosting provider / datacentre has a disaster/goes bust.

Jungledisk has been suggested to me as a good solution for this job.

Is anyone using Jungledisk in this way? What were your experiences - any alternative suppliers you'd recommend?

We are in UK and would ideally like to use a UK/EU based supplier, but it does need to be a company of a reasonable size / level of solvency, rather than a one-man-band.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I've not personally used JungleDisk, but I have seen it referenced a few times from other users on our forums. If you do decide to use it, feel free to update this thread and let us know your experience.

Thank you.

3. cycas

cycas Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was referred to them by Rackspace, who I rate highly as a provider and apparently are the parent company.

(I would like to host my sites with Rackspace really, but sadly they do not currently allow Cpanel on their cloud server accounts, and I want to stick with Cpanel so I've had to look elsewhere.)

I'll update this thread once I've got Jungledisk working but would still like to hear from anyone who is already using the service!