The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban emails going to an specific domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Heritz, May 27, 2008.

1. Heritz

Heritz Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with an user (johndoe.com) on my dedicated server who is using my SMTP to send emails to many address of the domain @cantv.net. Cantv.net is a major ISP in Venezuela, and they are blocking our entire IP because we are marked as spammers.

In order to avoid further inconveniences, I would like to do the following:

- Block the user (johndoe.com) from sending emails to any address @cantv.net. I want his domain to be able to send emails to any other domain but @cantv.net.

Is this possible? if it is, how can I do that? :confused:

Thanks!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure this is helpful, but I'd be killing the account if he was spamming anyone.

3. Heritz

Heritz Well-Known Member

I call it spam, but he is sending news and promotions to a list of about 200 emails subscribed to his newsletter, the mails are legal, have a remove link, but still the ISP CANTV.NET is banning my server IP completely because they are very strict protecting their customers. If one single user didn't like the email and report it as spam, our complete IP will be banned.

That's why I want to ban him from sending emails to cantv.net.

4. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Perhaps I'm just over simplifying this, but why don't you just ask the user to remove all cantv.net addresses from their list since it is getting your server blocked. Since the messages aren't getting to the cantv.net users anyway, its pointless to send the messages to cantv.net.

If the messages are legitimate, then the cantv.net users need to complain to their ISP because of the strict blocking measures. This is what the user (johndoe.com) needs to convey to his cantv.net users.

If the user (johndoe.com) refuses to remove the cantv.net addresses from the list, then I would suspend the account.

5. Heritz

Heritz Well-Known Member