The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandmin Cron Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RTCruiser, Nov 25, 2007.

1. RTCruiser

RTCruiser Active Member

My server had somehow scrambled it's exim server so that my clients couldn't log in to download their email.

Here's what my server company did to fix the problem:

===============================

"I have reset the authentication configuration in this server by using the " authconfig" command, and restarted sshd, exim, and the pop3 services."

==============================

This did fix the email issues, and everything seems to be working correctly but now my log files show this error whenever this cronjob runs:
    0 0 * * * /usr/local/bandmin/ipaddrmap

=================================

Nov 24 00:00:01 sedona crond[14247]: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server 127.0.0.1: Can't contact LDAP server
    Nov 24 00:00:01 sedona crond[14247]: nss_ldap: could not hard reconnect to LDAP server - Server is unavailable
    Nov 24 00:00:01 sedona crond[14301]: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server 127.0.0.1: Can't contact LDAP server
    Nov 24 00:00:01 sedona crond[14301]: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server...

[snip]

==============================

This goes on for an hour until the script gives up at 1:00 a.m.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

FYI, I don't have an LDAP server set up that I know of. I had previously installed OpenLDAP but have since removed it from the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks.