The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandmin not found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davorg, May 13, 2013.

1. davorg

davorg Member

May 13, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have errors in mail:

/bin/sh: /usr/local/bandmin/bandmin: No such file or directory

this file doesn't exist but bandmin RPM is installed. How can I repair this? Can I simply force reinstall bandmin RPM or is there other way?

Command /scripts/bandminup -force doesn't help, because it's output is that this command is deprecated.

Can anyone suggest other solution. I'm using latest cPanel 11.36.1.

-- Davor
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /scripts/*up and /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/*up are deprecated. That includes bandminup, eximup, ftpup and several other scripts. We explained this in our 11.36 release notes:

cPanel & WHM 11.36 Release Notes

/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms takes the place of all of those scripts, as we explained here:

cPanel & WHM 11.36 Release Notes

Note that /scripts has not been an actual directory since cPanel 11.30. It is a symbolic link (symlink) to /usr/local/cpanel/scripts. This is documented here:

cPanel & WHM 11.30 Release Notes

/scripts is still valid for the foreseeable future, but it is a symlink to the actual directory, and our documentation for 11.30 and later references /usr/local/cpanel/scripts instead.

If running /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms does not fix your bandmin problem, please submit a ticket so that we may investigate the problem directly.