The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandmin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reflexhost, Oct 19, 2001.

1. reflexhost

reflexhost Member

We\'re currently running Bandmin version 0.92b7 and we believe it could be displaying the wrong amount of data transfer for one of our clients?
    The client swears he is only using the site for web pages etc, little ftp usage or email, and is as far as we can see. Cpanel reports his transfer usage as 4gb , while bandmin at 18gb. At his previous host he was using a couple of gig per day, not the 7gb per day he\'s been pulling with us, so this lead us to believe that perhaps bandmin is wrong... has it been wrong in the past, is it possible for it to be wrong?

Regards
    Matt

2. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Maybe his anonymous ftp is being abused by pirates...

3. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

I have same problem with bandmin (ver. 0.85). I got my new dedicated server on burst.net on 5. october. I setup one of my new clients on 18. and today (21 october) went to check bandmin. It says that client transfered 428 Mb so far. Well that client only has \"soon to be up\" single page, and according to bandmin he\'s been transfering files since 4. october (even before I setup my dedicated). Any ideas?
    Note: I even tried rebooting server, but still the same.

[Edited on 10/21/01 by dzevad]

4. kwimberl

kwimberl Well-Known Member

Bandmin will lump all sites on a given ip together for bandwidth reports. That is to say that the main, name-based IP will show as the most recent domain you have added on that IP.

5. reflexhost

reflexhost Member

It\'s a dedicated IP...

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:efc8088596]We\'re currently running Bandmin version 0.92b7 and we believe it could be displaying the wrong amount of data transfer for one of our clients?
    The client swears he is only using the site for web pages etc, little ftp usage or email, and is as far as we can see. Cpanel reports his transfer usage as 4gb , while bandmin at 18gb. At his previous host he was using a couple of gig per day, not the 7gb per day he\'s been pulling with us, so this lead us to believe that perhaps bandmin is wrong... has it been wrong in the past, is it possible for it to be wrong?

Regards
    Matt [/quote:efc8088596]

You should be able to see where the traffic is going .. did you look at each protocol?

7. reflexhost

reflexhost Member

The majority of it is going through on tcp - but when looking at individual values for tcp port 80, and port 110, the values when added up are nowhere near the total value...

Matt