The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth Bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zerano, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Zerano

Zerano Member

I've been hosting a few game sites for people who have game servers. What they usually do is use the space to store custom game maps for download.

Now I haven't been able to figure this out, but a few have gone past their bandwidth limits and the bandwidth charts don't match up in Cpanel. So it makes it hard for me to point out that they did use their bandwidth limitations.

I'm pretty sure that due to the nature of their account they did exceed bandwidth, but is there a better way to prove that they did? "Take my word for it" afterall won't cut it for some customers. :)

Thanks in advance,
    -Tony

2. Zerano

Zerano Member

Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention these game sites are subdomain accounts (created as new separate ones) off the game server provider's domain I also host.

3. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Do a quick search, you'll see this has been reported a number of times, also you can see that it's been reported as a bug to Nick, but so far he seems to have completely ignored the issue.

There is no workaround right now short of increasing bandwidth limits or turning off bandwidth suspension.

Aric

4. Zerano

Zerano Member

Well what if I used another skin other than Xskin? Would that solve the problem?

5. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

No its a bug with the system not the skin.

6. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    No I say it has been ignored. This issue has been submitted as a bug for a while now and numerous requests have been made for some sign from above that this issue is being looked into. To date, I see no response.

If I ask you a point blank question and you hear me ask that question and you say nothing, you are ignoring me (regardless of what you may or may not choose to do with the question I asked you privately).

This is a serious enough issue, and it affects so many people that SOME response is in order, IMMEDIATELY, even if it's just: "Hey, we're looking into it"

I have no doubt that this issue will eventually be solved and a fix released, but I think with a bug of this nature, we deserve some concrete sign that the problem is actually being worked on, because all I can tell my customers right now who are suffering with this issue and confused as hell (thinking they are doing something wrong or are being attacked or something): "Don't worry, it's a bug, and it has been reported," Not very reassuring since no one from cpanel.net has even acknowledged looking into the issue...

Aric

7. richy

richy Well-Known Member

It has, and the entire bandwidth system is being re-written for Cpanel 10: consider we've just jumped from 9.5 on Sunday to 9.7 today, I think/hope it won't be long.
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=266

8. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    lol. I don't think I will ever understand the CPANEL version numbering system. :confused:

In any case, I hope the rewrite will fix the issue, I don't see any discussion of what's "on tap" for this rewrite, so who knows. If anyone actually knows of a public venue where the goals for the bandwidth rewrite are discussed, I'll back off, though I feel they should have responded to some of the bug reports.

9. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

When I reported the bandwidth problem, cPanel support told me they would re-write it for version 9.5 :confused: