The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bandwidth calculation and charge? how do you do it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by torwill, Mar 27, 2003.

1. torwill

torwill Well-Known Member

Hello,

how do Cpanel calculate for HTTP traffic? any particular module Cpanel/WHM uses?

I have a client arguing with me about the bandwidth usage reported in Webalizer are far less than Cpanel reports. I have mod_gzip installed, which helps reducing the bandwidth usage by 10%. But then I guess Cpanel/WHM doesn't catch this. Now the client has asked me to correct this incorrect usage report in Cpanel. but how?? even if I do figure it out, an Cpanel update will overwrite everything I've made.

Now, how do you charge customer for bandwidth usage? according to WHM report or Awstats if you have mod_gzip installed? or it's better not to use mod_gzip so less confusion can arise?

any suggestions? thank you.

2. Donna

Donna BANNED

Bah, been after the cpanel guys to fix the bw reporting stuff for months, no luck.

You can't change it yourself. Best is to look at your http://domain.com/bandwidth/ chart and see how much he's actually used as that's the only really accurate one.

3. gengar56

gengar56 Registered

domain.com/bandwidth/? that does not exist on my site.

4. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Best is to look at your http://domain.com/bandwidth/ chart and see how much he's actually used as that's the only really accurate one.

Reliable one? - The NOC uses 95 percentile and it shows more than double as much bw usages a bandmin. Sorry, but bandwidth monitoring in WHM is useless.

John

5. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

Yup, but how to charge for bandwidth then? That still remains the question then.

6. meweb

meweb Well-Known Member

Hello,

WHM has the limit bandwidth option so bandwidth usage for every domain can be changed from here. Also when you define a package the default bandwidth for the package for can also be specified. So any new account created by you or resellers using that package are assigned that bandwidth.

if you set the limit to say something like 5GB or 10 GB per month. You can charge per extra gig that the domain owner wants. Charges could vary, normally aroung $3-$5 per month per GB.

Rest as per your requirement.

Regards.