The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bandwidth cheat question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stenny Chong, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Stenny Chong

Stenny Chong Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a question regarding reseller bandwidth usage, let say a reseller have 9GB monthly bandwidth, he created 3 account, each 3GB bandwidth, few day later, one account was already using 2.8GB and he downgrade this account to 1GB and upgrade the other account with 5GB, I want to know is, what he is doing will allow him to go over 9GB bandwidth? If not, when his total account usage go 9GB, will all his account get suspend?

Why cpanel allow user to downgrade account bandwidth to a smaller value when the account already using those bandwidth, it is very unsafe for hoster when you have more then 1000 account have to monitor.

thank you.

Stenny

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stenny Chong

another question is, when a reseller cancelled an account which already used 10GB bandwidth, will those 10GB count into his account total usage and when his other account and newly create account able to go over his account allocated bandwidth?

thanks.

Stenny

3. Stenny Chong

There is lots of people viewed my question, but no one want to help me?

Please anyone, please tell me the answer, thank you.

Stenny

4. sky

sky Well-Known Member

from what I gather, it should not be the case.

Have you actually seen it happen? You could try it out. Create a reseller account and use bandwidth on it. Then do what you just said. It should block the reseller off.

5. cass

cass Well-Known Member

The Bandwidh Limiting & Quota Modifications options in a reseller, ALLOWS THEM TO GO OVER the assigned Space & Bandwidth.
    Only PACKAGE SPACE & BANDWIDTH COUNTS.

I.e: suppose you have a reseller w/9Gb bw .... then you create a package with 2Gb bw, assign that to a domain ... now the reseller have 7Gb bw left to assign... right?
    well, yes and no .... they can assign 7Gb more using packages... but they can just modify this "2Gb bw domain" to be "100Gb bw" if the "Bandwidht Limiting" option is available ...

so... check it out.

6. Stenny Chong

Thank for reply. By the way, can they go over their bandwidth usage? Does cpanel will lock all account under that reseller account? How about those cancelled account, does those bandwidth count into the reseller account used bandwidth? If not, this will be a big problem, a reseller can assign 30GB to an account, cancel it when it reach 28GB and recreate another account with 30GB again.

Thank again.

Stenny

#6 Stenny Chong, Aug 12, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2003