The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbovis, Jun 3, 2003.

1. cbovis

cbovis Registered

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey guys,

Im a little confused as to how bandwidth is actually monitored in CPanel as everywhere I look its different.

Server Time: Tuesday 03rd of June 2003 04:49:45 PM

Just included the date and time at which im getting this info from for reference.

So my first look is at sub domain statistics which takes me into webalizer and im told "3191370 kb" for june.

Summary Period: June 2003
    Generated 02-Jun-2003 03:44 PDT

Going into it im shown the same total in general summary and the following for daily,

Day Hits Files Pages Visits Sites KBytes

1 2852078 kb
    2 339291 kb

My first though was why is it so low for day 2 but I guess its 3:44hrs into the day 2 so i need to wait till next generation for that full day.

So webalizer seems to have things added up nicely. Now i come onto the cpanel stats by which i assume my account is closed if it goes over the limit.

So using CPanel bandwidth monitor im shown the following for the subdomain im counting, 6684.024790 kb

Hmm that seems a bit large. I go deeper to investigate splitting it into daily countings and im given the following for total traffic,

1 2786.82 kb
    2 2181.29 kb

By my calculations it comes to 4968.11 kb total which is just under 1700 less! What im really concerned about is that im on a 100GB limit and if its being counted by the wrong stats then im losing out an awful deal.

Could someone please shed some light so i can do whatever with my host?

Many Thanks

Craig Support Ticket Number: