The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bandwidth exceeded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ivaserver, Feb 22, 2003.

1. ivaserver

ivaserver Well-Known Member

Hi

I have just set up in WHM emails to be sent to users when they reach the bandwidth limit

I have had since a flood of emails with accounts reaching the limit,

anyone else getting this/

I cannot stop accounts getting suspended in the tweek setting either

Best wishes
    Ivaserver

2. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I'm interested in an answer to these questions as well. Also ivaserver where is the mail that the notification is send to added? I don't see anywhere in WHM to add it - is it send to the default email which the client can add themself in CPanel?

John

3. ivaserver

Hi John

I think the mail is sent to the users default email address

I am still getting false bandwidth readings and account are getting suspended

anyone help please

Ivaserver

4. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Thanks. Are you talking about accounts being suspended for exceeding the limit when they haven't exceeded it? I experience that from time to time as well. cpanel support didn't have an answer or fix to this problem. They asked me to upgrade to the edge version but it continued happening. When it happens I ssh /var/cpanel/bwlimited and deletes all files related to that domain. But I wish there were a fix for it.

John

5. ivaserver

Hi John

Thanks for that

Lots of my users are given wrong bandwidth usage, Cpanel then susspends the account because it thinks the user has exceeded his allowance,

I keep having to unsusspend all bandwidth exceders but i have to sleep sometime:eek:

The solution to delete a users ssh /var/cpanel/bwlimited is not practical as i have 160 account with this problem.

Question

what happens if:confused: i just delete all the files in /var/cpanel/bwlimited

Will this stop account getting susspended and reset itself next month to run correctly

Thanks
    Ivaserver