The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth misreporting problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Mar 25, 2003.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We are having problems on several accounts with misreporting the bandwidth. We have several servers that run CPanel and they all seem to be affected. It does not appear to be anything specific to the server, it seems to be something with Apache or CPanel on each server. The problem is, that each domains byte-log in /usr/local/apache/domlogs will somehow get an entry like:

1047908357 16133
    1047908357 86571047997174 1749
    1047997176 26978

I assume that the first column is a timestamp and the second column is suppose to be the bytes of the file that was accessed at that time. As you can see above, the the middle entry has 3 column. How does that large number (86571047997174 ) get there? I can correct this problem by remove the large number and realigning it so that the 3rd column in the obscure entry lines up with the 2nd column. However the bandwidth is already reported in /var/users/bandwidth/$username . Again, this can be corrected through some work to get the exact (or pretty close) bandwidth for each domain, but we are having this problem on some 50 to 100 accounts on CPanel servers. I started fixing them, but as the month got closer to the end I decided to wait and see if it would clear up at the beginning of the next month. We have accounts that normally use no more than 3GB that were reporting 150GB used before the middle of the month. We have temporarily upgraded all affected accounts bandwidth to a lot more than what is reasonable, just to keep their accounts from being suspended. My question is, is this a problem with CPanel? Are they aware of the problem? The work around that I conjured up is not that easy to implement. I might be able to make some scripts that can automate it a bit better, but I have to believe that there is a problem somewhere, that needs to be fixed.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider