lblanchardiii

Nov 20, 2005
I think I may have done something wrong, but a few of my sites hosted on WHM doesn't show ANY kind of bandwidth monitoring on them. They are all listed at 0 bandwidth used when I know for a fact that they've used a lot more than that.

Some sites do still calculate the correct bandwidth usage, so I'm thinking it might be a permissions problem. Where should I start looking?

gertiebeth

Jun 4, 2003
Minnesota, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I think I may have done something wrong, but a few of my sites hosted on WHM doesn't show ANY kind of bandwidth monitoring on them. They are all listed at 0 bandwidth used when I know for a fact that they've used a lot more than that.

Some sites do still calculate the correct bandwidth usage, so I'm thinking it might be a permissions problem. Where should I start looking?
I am experiencing this as well. I tried /scripts/upcp with no luck. Version: cPanel 11.25.0-S43473 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9

madaboutlinux

Jan 24, 2005
Earth

Where do you check the bandwidth usage of the domains? If you have assigned unlimited bandwidth for a domain, the WHM >> "View Bandwidth Usage" option will show you as 0MB used.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
Having same issue on cPanel 11.25.0-S43473

A high traffic site is now showing 4MB usage, where as its should be above 40GB already.

I am going to restart few things and then update you here.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
is it only me getting errors when trying to run weblog for a user.

/scripts/runweblogs myuser

==> cPanel Log Daemon version 24.0
Processing logs during blackout period...
==> Loaded RRDs: version 1.3006
==> WARNING: The configured processor count does not match the
==> actual processor count (4)! Running log analysis programs
==> on this system may cause excessive load! You should set "extracpus"
==> to "0" in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config if this is not ok.
Processing myuser...
Run Logs domain: myusers.com BW Limit: 209715200000 Domains: [abc.xx abc.myusers.com domain.myusers.com domain.com holly.domain.com]
info [safeapacherestart] Restart elapsed seconds: 5
[2010-03-07 07:10:16 -0600] Process bandwidth for myuser
[2010-03-07 07:10:18 -0600] Processing exim stats for myuser....
[2010-03-07 07:10:21 -0600] ...Done
[2010-03-07 07:10:21 -0600] warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 7160] Argument "r" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Bandwidth/BytesLogs.pm line 152, <GEN11> line 1.
at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Bandwidth/BytesLogs.pm line 152
Cpanel::Bandwidth::BytesLogs::parse_ftplog('ftp', '/usr/local/apache/domlogs/ftp.myusers.com-ftp_log', 9663676416, 'Cpanel::BandwidthDB=HASH(0xa2e3490)', 'HASH(0xa15ef78)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Logd.pm line 1786
Cpanel::Logd::parseftpbyteslog('myuser', '/usr/local/apache/domlogs/ftp.myusers.com-ftp_log', 9663676416, 'HASH(0xa1fd94c)', 'Cpanel::BandwidthDB=HASH(0xa2e3490)', 'HASH(0xa15eca8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Logd.pm line 714
Cpanel::Logd::updatebw('myuser', '/home/myuser', 1541, 'myusers.com', 209715200000, 'ARRAY(0xa18444c)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpanellogd line 178

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Day '_' out of range 1..31 at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Bandwidth/BytesLogs.pm line 152
[[email protected] ~]#

(ofcource removed actual domain name)

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
seems cpanel will no longer calculate bandwidth for apache 1.3x users.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
The list will grow on i think.

Can you guys mention what apache version you are using on server which has this problem

I think cpanel new cPanel 11.25 Log Processing process has changed
and this is whats causing this issue.

see the sticky thread on this forum.

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
cPanel is not calculating bandwidth usage for us on one machine running apache 2. The auto calculations no longer work and each day it ends up being cleared even though webalizer and awstats were processed. However if we run "/scripts/runweblogs user" bandwidth usage is recorded for that day up to that point. Seems to have started after they fixed some bandwidth calculating issues in 43472.

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Starting to get random reports from certain sites on other servers. Seems to affect certain sites not all sites on the servers. Why I have no idea doesn't seem to be much of a pattern.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
only option i can think is left for me is to migrate to a new box now.

I've a reseller who seems to be over-loading my server with 10G traffic a day and i am not able to show him bandwidth usage details.

another one is having their monthly usage clubbed together and is real mad at me now.

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
only option i can think is left for me is to migrate to a new box now.

I've a reseller who seems to be over-loading my server with 10G traffic a day and i am not able to show him bandwidth usage details.

another one is having their monthly usage clubbed together and is real mad at me now.
I've increased the value of "The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended" under "Tweak Settings" in WHM on your server. Let me know if you continue to experience this problem the next time stats are scheduled to run.
You can try that it was the suggested solution we were given. Did not work obviously since it's not a load related problem at all.

The other option is every day manually run /scripts/runweblogs username

This will run bandwidth for the user when it runs the web stats. Awful to have to manually run stats for 1% of users per server though. It would be nice if they'd just fix the bug they introduced when fixing another bandwidth related bug.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
Check this post, which says

"An additional requirement for our enhanced log file processing is a larger disk space requirement inside of the /var partition. Upon upgrading to 11.25.0 if cPanel detects that your /var partition is too small it will disable bandwidth stats processing until the space requirement is remedied. If there is inadequate space in /var, notification is set to the level 1 notification targets as specified in WHM's Contact Manager.

To re-enable:

1. Symlink /var/cpanel/bandwidth to a partition with sufficient space

2. Remove the file /etc/rrdtooldisable

3. Re-run upcp
"
ref: this post

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Check this post, which says

ref: this post

Except that would disable all bandwidth not select sites.

Anyways a better suggestion:

/scripts/autorepair repair_bwsummary

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/repair_bwsummary

Then might also try

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/repair_bwsummary username

replacing username with the specific one that is broken.

Going to see if this fixes it won't know for 24 hours.

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
This has been confirmed to be a bug. I wasn't give an ETA on a fix but I doubt migrating to another server or anything of that nature will resolve this. Just need to wait for cPanel to fix this which is hopefully soon.