The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth not updating for one domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by verdon, Jan 16, 2007.

1. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

It seems that bandwidth is not updating for one domain (at least I've only noticed one) and hasn't been for some months. If I run /scripts/runweblogs username it does update and I don't get any errors, but it will not update on it's own.

Any suggestions as to where I might start to look for a problem?

Thanks,

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Although I haven't been able to determine why this is happening, I have found a few things while poking around. I've noticed that the files in /var/cpanel/bandwidth for the domain aren't getting updated (except when I run /scripts/runweblogs manually) but I imagine this is where the data is stored, so that makes sense.

More importantly I think, in /var/cpanel/lastrun all other domains have a directory with 0 byte files in them named bandwidth and stats, with today's and yesterday's dates respectively for mod dates. In the case of the problem domain, there is no directory in /var/cpanel/lastrun, just a 0 byte file with a mod date that reflects the last time stats and bandwidth ran on their own.

Would this be cause or effect?

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems that it might have been cause... anywise, recreating the borked directory for the domain in /var/cpanel/lastrun seems to have fixed the problem. I still have no idea what caused it in the firts place :)