The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth Stats Not Updating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I'm running 7.4.2 E124 on FreeBSD and for some reason the stats under the "View Bandwidth Usage" link in WHM stopped updated two days ago. I haven't made any changes to my settings or upgraded cPanel in over a week so it's kinda strange that it just stopped working.

Can somebody tell me what I need to do to get it working again?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

Same here. I am not sure what the problem is either. You are not alone.

I have been tryin several things but no luck so far.

- Jim

3. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

Seems this problem happens randomly to everyone using each type of OS, I've had it happened twice, I worked with support over a very long period of time to no avail, It allways just starts back working "automagically" as cpanel would put it.. Last time it happened to me, it stopped working for an entire month, and then on the first day of the next month it started working.

4. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

Bump

Anyone else have this problem or have a fix. Currently I'm waiting until the end of the month to see if it changes, but that is over two weeks away. I see a lot of questions about this so I'm curious if Cpanel knows about these issues or not.

Thanks!

5. munk

munk Member

Yes you're not alone we are experiencing the same problem on FreeBSD 4.7+cPanel-STABLE.

I've submitted a ticket to support and it's in progress currently. Unfortunately the support staff can't get to the server right now because of the lame latency probs we're having with our NOC right now.

Out of interest who do you guys host with? We're looking to move desperately :)

6. munk

munk Member

An update on this - thanks to Darren from support we worked out that on my system the view bandwidth stats not being displayed was due to the wrong version of perl being installed on my system.

Instead of version 5.6.1 we were running 5.0.8(?) and this was causing problems when /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd was called.

To resolve the problem I just removed 5.0.8 and installed 5.6.1 (from the ports /usr/ports/lang/perl*). After doing this, the view bandwidth stats pages worked fine!

Hope this helps someone - no idea if it could be related to users of RedHat having this prob.