The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth usage incorrect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by X-Istencedotcom, Sep 20, 2003.

1. X-Istencedotcom

X-Istencedotcom Well-Known Member

According to cPanel/WHM i have currently used over 30 GB on my site. This however is not truly possible, considering i have only around 20 MB of data, in pages and stuff.

Thus this would mean someone would have to access the full site 1536 times. But only about 2 MB of the files are in the public domain and people can see it. So now it is up to 15360 times that they have to fully download my site, but this is not possible.

Another factor to consider is that according to awstat ( Only stat viewer available ), i have had less than 50 people on my site. Third thing to consider is that this is not my main domain, but rather a sort of "backup".

All these considerations taken in account, its almost impossible to have reached that limit.

Is there somewhere i need to tweak something that way it is not off by about at most 28 GB.

2. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

We also have this problem on 1 server where some of the accounts are calculated wrong.

When looking in var/cpanel/bandwidth/domain.com the daily totals are okay, but monthly totals are not the sum of daily totals but far more.

We already reported this issue a couple of times to cpanel support, they don't seem to know a solution either, because first they ask info and respond, but when I have explained the issue and they understand it they stop responding.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. MichaelShanks

MichaelShanks Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

we are having the same issue on one particular server, any body corrected this?

4. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

I just deleted everything in folder /var/cpanel/bandwidth (as nobody helps we got to just try something I guess...)

I will let know if that helps.

5. X-Istencedotcom

This is the first time this has happened, and we are now seeing reqeusts come in from clients saying that its calculated wrong as well, and that they are locked out, when even when they hardly got more than 1 hit a day.

6. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

Deleteing the files in /var/cpanel/bandwidth does help for a few weeks but since 2 days the problems are back again.

Problem is the monthly totals in /var/cpanel/bandwidth/domain.com do not match the sum of daily totals.

I already reported this to cpanel ages ago, but they don't seem to know the solution either.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 20712

7. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

/scripts/cleanbw didnt help ?

8. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

Tried that already 100 times :-S

9. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

:-(

That is what the cpanel people told once I posted a ticket about something like this. Just thought I would let you know. Now I can only say "Open a ticket with them" :)

10. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

Yes I have a ticket open with them, also e-mailed directly about it with Nick, first they told me "there is nothing wrong with the file for domaina.com

I e-mailed them back: that's right, it does not happen to all domains, only to some of them, have a look at domainb.com for example.

Never heard anything since then...

11. X-Istencedotcom

Since the month it got reset, and it is working fine again, but last month we got quite a bit if complaints from customers that it says they ran out of bandwidth, while it was not physically possible.

12. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

I hope for you it is solved, I have this problem already for over about a year...

13. hoobastank68

hoobastank68 Active Member

I'm having the same problem with 1 domain, it seems like ti ddint get reset or updated after Oct ended.

Any idea of a fix?

Submitted ticket, lately seems like support is only available from Shanna, and all answered during weekends :confused: