The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bandwidth usage malfunction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adantart, Oct 27, 2003.

1. adantart

adantart Member

Hi:

first of all i really dont understand the bandwitdh usage colors (red, orange, yellow...)

It seems that color levels (cold to hot :) goes from 0 to 10 Gb... instead from 0 to "the gb of user available"...

besides... i dont know why, but I'm not receiving the EMAILS telling me when a user reach the 80% of his bandwitdh quota...

any help ?

thank you in advance

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear adantart,

The bandwidth usage will show how many bytes your account has transferred. The red colour indicates the HTTP usage,blue indicates POP usage,olive indicates FTP usage and green indicates the total bandwidth usage. Make sure that you have not used much bandwidth quota from your side. The banwidth quota may be increased due to Hotlinking(Bandwidth theft).

Regards,

3. adantart

adantart Member

i think you didnt understandme...

----------------------------------------
    domain1 domain1.com 2176.467583 2.125457 5000.00
    Total 2176.467583 2.125457

So it has 5000, but he has used just 2176...
    This one appears me in YELLOW
    and he HAS NOT reached his bandwidth limit
    ----------------------------------------

So... is there any way to use the colors to have a VISUAL impact of which domains has reached their bandwith limit ?

As fas as I realized, colors just marked a visual levels of bandwith usage in GENERAL, but not depending of what the customers have, but depending of general use...

I would like that in the case I wrote YELLOW was for example the 20% of use of 5000... ORANGE, the 50%... RED 100% or higher... etc.

4. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

Hi,

Did you receive any other feedback of what these colors mean?

Rgds,
    Kris.

5. jough

jough Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be any documentation about what the colors mean, but any account that goes over 10Gb of bandwidth for the month will be marked red, regardless of how much bandwidth is assigned to that account.

I'd like to mark the accounts based on *percentage* of bandwidth used, so I could tell at a glance which accounts were going near quota.

As of right now, all of the popular sites on my server are marked red and it's pointless, absolutely meaningless to me.