The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth Usage page,.. can we have usage for GB and %?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SupermanInNY, Dec 11, 2004.

1. SupermanInNY

SupermanInNY Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Hi there,

Currently GB/MB and % are mixed together.
    If you try to sort by Usage, you actually sort by MB/GB usage.
    I want to be able to sort also by % Used and also display on the very top near the Dec 2004 in the center,.. or just below it, , % of the days in the Month

Now,. why would I need that?
    very simple:

I know that today (as of this post) we are at the 12 of December. That is: 12/31 or 39%.
    I have few customers who have used 60% of their bandwidth, yet, they have 10GB of bandwidth while others who have used 30% of their bandwidth have 30GB permitted.

So,. what happens here is, I don't have a true picture of who is going to be maximizing their package,.. unless I compare the % of bandwidth used.

If a user has used 45% of his package,. regardless of how much GB/MB, I know he is going to exceed the package's setting. Because he has passed the % of the days used in the month.

I can alert users to upgrade their accounts in advance if I had the sorting of % as well as the GB/MB sorting.

Also, as mentioned,. I would prefer if the % of days used will be done for me.

Just my $0.02.