Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bareword found where operator expected

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benihana, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Benihana

Benihana Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    After updating my cPanel recently to the release branch, I've begun receiving the following email on a daily basis.

Subject: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl

Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/URI/Escape/Fast.pm line 19, near "s/([^A-Za-z0-9\-_\.~])/$escapes{$1}/gr"
    My Google-fu has failed to find any matching results, also searching these forums turned up blank.

Looking at the offending line, nothing jumped out at me:
    # light version of Cpanel::CPAN::URI::Escape::fast_uri_escape
    sub uri_escape {
    return defined $_[0] && $_[0] =~ tr{A-Za-z0-9_.~-}{}c ? ( $_[0] =~ s/([^A-Za-z0-9\-_\.~])/$escapes{$1}/gr ) : $_[0];
    }

Any hints?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

That suggests you are using a third-party script or plugin, as there's no "quickinstall" directory by default. Check to see if you can determine which plugin that is (it's possibly from your hosting provider), and then consult with their support team to determine the full uninstall steps.

Thank you.