The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Base Url Link?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemon1, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

I am just curious if something has to be enabled for the user accounts base url to work (ex. http://ip-goes-here/~username) as I have noticed it listed on the accounts page but it doesnt seem to work currently.

Does something have to be turned on for this feature to work? I am just wondering because it is a very handy feature for people to be able to view their homepages before the domain has fully propagated. Thanks for your help in advance...

2. sphost

sphost Well-Known Member

WHM ---> Tweak Security ---> mod_userdir Tweak

3. Daemon1

Ok I now see where to do this but whatever settings I alter do not make any changes and allow it to work. I ticked the domains I want this feature to be available for, and unticked the enable mod_userdir Protection box but it still doesnt work.

What settings in this menu have to be ticked or unticked for this to work. There is also some text area to the right of each domain account listed which I am unsure of what to enter. The instructions are very vauge, if anyone could provide me with actual detailed instructions on how to get this feature to work it would be much appreciated.

4. Daemon1

I still cannot get this to work, can anyone who has succeeded in getting this function to work please share with me on how exactly they did it. All combinations I have tried have failed, there are no instructions on how to do this at all and the cpanel interface is very vauge!