The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Clam Install

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by DavidR, Jan 19, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

I've read the monster Clamav-exiscan thread entirely and re-read parts. It's so large that I come away with little more than an incredible craving for clam dip (seriously). I understand that Anand hasn't had the time to update what was apparently the best script to install Clamav with exiscan. So, for those of us that just want to come as close to what the previous script installed but with Clam .80 instead of .75, would the following be appropriate?

1. Install Clamav using the installer and instructions here: http://cpanelappz.com/exiscan+clam+exim-installer.htm

2. Create a symlink as instructed here: http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=153868&postcount=961

3. Update to Clamav .80 using the script here: http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=145865&postcount=854

Assuming a system that has no mailscan or avclamconnector installed, would this produce a setup similar to the one Anand's original script created, but updated for .80? Would you add anything? I just want to get running and I don't want to use clamavconnector. Thanks!

David

2. projectandrew

projectandrew Well-Known Member

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, but I don't use RVSkin at the moment. I'm curious as to whether the steps in my post will be safe for a basic clamav install like Anand's orginal.

David

4. WebVandals

WebVandals Member

I DO use rvskin but that tutorial is like killing a mosquito with a machine gun ;)

I just want clamav and freshclam auto-updates -- that's it. I'm happy with spamassassin on a per account basis (cpanel default).

Anyone know a simple tutorial to get this going with cpanel pro?

5. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Why not just use the clamavconnector module in cpanel and modify the module to only check email.

I assume you're not using the cpanel installer ( which will keep clam up to date for you ) because you do not want the functionality of users scanning on request via cpanel. In newer version of the module, you can select not to allow that feature.

6. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I must admit I'm curious as to how to get a newer version of that module. I installed clamavconnector just a couple of days ago and it installed clamav 0.80 instead of 0.83. Sure I don't mind manually updating, takes only a couple of minutes. But I'm curious - does a newer version come with the current/edge upgrades.... I'm on stable.

7. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider