The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Cpanel Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silvershark, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Silvershark

Silvershark Registered

I was looking to purchase your cpanel. However, I was looking through your documentation and I had a few questions after reviewing it.

1. It says that the Cpanel installs FP extensions. What FP extensions are these? 98, 2000, 2002? I have also read from this forum that FP on redhat 9 seems to break?

2. Where does the sites load on my Redhat 9.0 box? I have a cobalt raq and the sites are loaded under /home/sites/

I have a 80GB partition and I want to make sure that they install under the /home dir. I am going to be transfering over my current clients from my Raq box to my redhat box and want to know the file structure for that reason.

Thanks.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /home/username/public_html
    /home/username/www
    The www is sym linked to the public_html directory. Cpanel keeps with the standards for home directories in /home

As far as FP extensions I am not sure. You should probably avoid RH9 on a fresh install because RH is going to be dropping support and you will have to look elsewhere, like progney.

3. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FP Extensions Versions

Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions are the current version on Linux. On FreeBSD 5.1 Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 are installed. I'm not sure on earlier versions of FreeBSD; it depends upon what's available in ports.