Basic hardware requirements for WHM/cPanel (100 Accounts)

Operating System & Version
CentOS 8.3

ertibat.af

Registered
Feb 19, 2021
Afghanistan
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

I want to purchase a dedicated server and install WHM/cPanel (100 Accounts) and move my all accounts in one server.

I want to know what are the minimum hardware (RAM, CPU, Storage) requirement for WHM and/or each cPanel account.

I have selected the following server but didn't purchase it yet:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Quad-Core
RAM: 64 GB DDR4
DRIVES: 2x 512 GB NVMe SSD
cPanel: 100 cPanel Accounts

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Although this is a common question, there's really no good answer as it would depend on how much resources each site will consume. Some sites need multiple servers for just one site, splitting the database and email across multiple machines, and some servers run fine with 1000 accounts that are basic html pages. You'll need to examine the resource usage as best you can and then make a choice based on that, but you won't really know until you get the machine up and running.

ertibat.af

Registered
Feb 19, 2021
Afghanistan
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hey there! Although this is a common question, there's really no good answer as it would depend on how much resources each site will consume. Some sites need multiple servers for just one site, splitting the database and email across multiple machines, and some servers run fine with 1000 accounts that are basic html pages. You'll need to examine the resource usage as best you can and then make a choice based on that, but you won't really know until you get the machine up and running.
Thank you CPRex for you quick response.

I have a VPS (4GB, 2 Core vCPU) and it works fine, the only problem is that all RAM is consumed by the accounts, so switching to 64GB would be a great.

Thanks,
Noor