The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic whm question about mysql

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hiredpen, Nov 17, 2003.

1. hiredpen

hiredpen Registered

Hi folks,

I haven't used mysql much and was wondering where in whm I can go to check / set my mysql user and pass.

I want to install post-nuke on one of my domains and will need it for the install.

Does it default to my master root user and pass?

Thanks.

2. solan

solan Active Member

If you have ROOT WHM access then log in and under the MySQL info on the left (more towards the bottom) you'll be able to set the "Root" password, but if your just wanting to add a client's db to there account, login to cpanel as them then click the "MySQL Database Icon and create the user and database --- fyi it makes the accounts (accountname_username & accountname_databasename ) so if your account is joe, database to be nuke and username is root then after you create your info it would look like this

mysql_db = joe_nuke
    mysql_user = joe_root
    mysql_db_pass = password you select..

humm..theres not to much after that but to import the file that nuke gives you mysql.db I think and your done

3. solan

solan Active Member

Just so you know its not very smart to run a db as root... thats what the accounts are for ;)