The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batched SMTP (bsmtp)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ChemicalWH, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChemicalWH

ChemicalWH Active Member

Hey,

Is there a possibility to install/support bsmtp in combination with Cpanel. If so, anyone got any documtation or information about this?

Thanks already,
    Ruud Goedhart

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the bsmpt tool you're referring to (describing what it is and what it does) and what you are looking to a achieve? Remember, you cannot replace the SMTP server that comes with cPanel (Exim).

3. Robbinz

Robbinz Registered

I'm also looking for a batched SMTP Solution for one of our customers.

I've done some research and found that it's possible with Exim and UUCP.

The only problem is I can't find out how to get it to work.
    But probally that will be due to my lack of knowledge.

Anyone out here who can make it to work?

Regards,

Robbin

4. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

We are going to lose a big customer if we can't deliver bsmtp.
    Is this really not possible with a cpanel/exim?

Help please?!

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Since it's only really related to exim, you're better off investigating over at www.exim.org and maybe asking/searching on the mailing list.

6. Domenico

It could be an option since many people want/need this feature. I posted it in this forum since we all now that we can hack the server and everything on it but it needs to work together with cPanel so this is not only exim related.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It does not seem a popular requirement considering the very few posts about it on the forums. If you want cPanel to consider it you should log a bugzilla enhancement request, otherwise it is up to you to look into it yourself over on exim.org.

8. Domenico

I think people want it but ok, all hail to the masses. The best selling products are allways the best right?

Nevermind, I'm sorry I asked it here.

9. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Performing an advanced search in Google for 'bsmtp' and limiting the search to the domain 'exim.org' returns, for me, 539 results. Surely from this you'll be able to find something useful: http://www.google.co.uk/search?as_q...as_sitesearch=exim.org&as_rights=&safe=images

I think also that you might have fallen into the trap, quite understandably, of believing that these forums are here as a means of support. This is not actually the case and they are here for cPanel admins/users to discuss cPanel related issues.

It helps to approach these forums with such an understanding, and better still to realise that any issues you may have, be they faults or the desire to find out how to do something, are your sole responsibility. With such an attitude you're less likely to be disappointed if you don't get the response you expect as you would not be expecting to get an exact solution or resolution but merely an opinion or suggestion. In fact I find the best attitude is to expect no response, continue searching elsewhere for a solution to your problem and then be pleasantly surprised if a response to your post is received.

10. Domenico

Yeah, I heard something about 'Google'. Maybe I will try that one next time. You don't think I did that allready? I didn't ask Nick or any other cPanel tech but posted it here to find out if any other cPanel user has any experience with this or can help us with it. I think this is the right place to do so. Am I wrong?

'Smart' answers are not what I'm asking for. If you can't help just don't reply. Is that to much to ask? I'm not disrespectfull at all but come on "Since it's only really related to exim, you're better off investigating over at www.exim.org and maybe asking/searching on the mailing list." is not of any help. Thanks for suggesting it but you of all people know is that if we tamper with any configs cPanel might stop functioning or overwrite any changes you made after an update. That's the reason why I'm asking here. You can't just tell people to go search elsewhere.

Again, I'm asking generally and not to cPanel techs specific so I do not quite understand why webignition is telling me otherwise.
    Besides that, in this thread alone you see other people asking the same so it isn't that stupid to ask I think.

#10 Domenico, Nov 9, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.