The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beau's statement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hearth, Jul 15, 2011.

1. hearth

hearth Registered

Jul 15, 2011
    Hello Beau

I do appreciate your concerns you raised in your post
    Allow me please to add a few things;

• don't mention you are a volunteer - be it or don't be it. So simple!
    • think about the many - like me! I have changed crappy hosts (and I run only VPS and Dedicated servers, so that's the expensive stuff and not the cheap shared goDaddy +) - we are sandwiched. Here we are with a host who (blames) and tells us to go to cPanel forums and there we are at the cPanel forums and get told to get to our host! cPanel is happy to accept the millions on licensing fees from all the hosting companies, why can't they get their customer to stick to a usage and customer care policy and if the don't, just withdraw their licenses? (that would leave about over 90% of hosts without a cPanel. Good for us consumers cause this would force hosting companies to really provide the necessary service. - Bad for cPanel because they would loose millions. Hence, we just leave it as is and - stuff all the endusers. ... What kind of service attitude is this?
    • Forums could be a lot more efficient and effective, for both user and moderators (contributors) if their search would really function. "Searching for something is just like "Googling" something, you get a million search results. There it is - we found everything for you, 3398,577,000 results referring to your search, aren't we good? Now feel free to dig into the pool, spend your life in it and try finding that "one" thing you are actually looking for, it's there, somewhere! I find forums all the same, very poor setup, all the same model, no or very little "useful" help ... just another tool for generating "content" to feed the ever hungry scrap-collector Google! (and with a bit of luck we generate enough traffic so we can sell this huge bubble for a lot of money).
    • Besides, what goes one way, goes always back one time. What about having "moderators" (though they are all "volunteers") to stick to rules, too. - 2.understand - 3.don't answer if you have nothing to say ! ? Too many times I read questions and I just can't see any answer to it but only meaningless and sometimes even arrogant replies. Hello, if you find this a stupid question? just ignore it. No need to give your unproductive comment to it.

Please, NO OFFENSE, OK! I did not criticize "you", (I used the word "you" as a general address, so it is not meant to point at any person, please!) not this forum, not anyone (I am far too young here anyway) This is just a "general" statement and referring to the many forums I tried to find answers in before. Whoever reads this, thread-poster or moderator, it goes both ways, I only hope this was a constructive effort to make work with each other better enjoyable.
    We need to respect both sides.
    1. moderators for their help
    2. thread-posters for their frustration trying to find an answer to their problem

Wishing us all a productive time here
    #1 hearth, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm a bit confused by the post for this statement:

cPanel support tickets are at no cost for any license holder to open and we frequently ask people on the forums to open up a ticket when we cannot determine the cause of the issue. All cPanel staff signatures even include a link to submit a ticket. We only request cPanel account holders to go to their hosting provider when they do not have root access to the machine, since we cannot log into the machine if a ticket were submitted to investigate.

As such, this statement seems erroneous, especially since this is only the second post from the original thread poster's username and cannot be an indication of anything that could have been requested by any cPanel staff member on this forum.