The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtaylor, Apr 10, 2002.

1. jtaylor

jtaylor Registered

I have been searching (not just on this board) for a tutorial or how-to for beginners when it comes to Cpanel and Web site hosting. I have seen several topics on this but the question never seems to be answered. Instead the answers are to perform a search (which I have done). Is there any good docs for beginners? I am a designer who is new to the whole administration deal. I am learning about things in general, but am also looking for something specific. By the way, my wife says I can't make Mac & cheese without directions, but give me directions and I can make a 5 course gourmet dinner!:) :)

Thanks for any help!

2. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a few good books. Red Hat Linux X unleashed by sams is a good one on linux. There are books on bind (Name Server), exim (mail server) etc. Try doing a search on amazon.com on the topic you are interested in. Yes I know I just told you to do a search too but what can I say ;)

3. jtaylor

jtaylor Registered

Thanks Daniel,

I figured out that I need to learn linux and am starting that today. Thank you for the other pointers I will do some searches on those topics. I was just getting frustraded because I did not know where to start.

4. adrians75

adrians75 Registered

Me too (frustraded).:eek:

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  6. DarrylM

DarrylM Registered

Yes, I would appreciate links to helpful beginner articles, too. I imagine that there are many people on this forum (I am new, here) that would appreciate a good article base to learn from. Thanks

7. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

Um google webhosting tutorials, linux tutorials etc. Trial and error always helps too :) Don't be afraid to dive in head first, throw linux/unix OS on an old system :)