Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Best Anti-DoS Protection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FeeReD, Mar 11, 2006.

1. FeeReD

FeeReD Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a really really good anti-dos protection. I'm having issues with a kid http flooding my server.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Ban the IP, keep your security applications updated and maintained or get a hardware firewall. Its the only effective way of defeating DoS attacks.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If hardware, get Cisco PIX. If software, you need a good set of rules for Mud Security, Mod Evasive. I don't want to dis-credit these applications, but I suggest you stay away from APF, BFD, and SIM. I don't think they have as good of security value as many people might think. You also need to reconfigure you system files against any spoofing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I agree with Andy, relying on software on the server is never a good idea with a genuine DOS or DDOS. For those you should really get the help of your NOC and have them block such attacks at their routers - most of the major, responsible, NOCs offer such services these days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FeeReD

FeeReD Well-Known Member

Hmm.. do you know where I can get some good set of rules for mod security? I found one and it's generally for exploits and such.