The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best idea for spam mail besides Apache SpamAssassin

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by altendew, May 17, 2006.

1. altendew

altendew Member

Hi I am currently receiving 5 spam mails a minute, which leads to almost 7,000 a day. I was running Spam Assassin but it really puts a heavy load on my server, my server runs so much better with Spam Assassin off.. but I need it on.. is there a better way?

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Do you have some form of Dictionary Attack protection? This can cut spam by huge amounts. Chirpy from these forums offers a free Dictionary Attack ACL which you can grab here: http://configserver.com/free/eximdeny.html

Chris

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    His Mailscanner/ClamAV solution has worked well for me too, and server load is fine.

4. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

I would also consider adding some of the ACL HELO tests and maybe a couple of RBLs. Its amazing how much stuff you can stop at the initial connect. Lots of posts on this forum regarding the above, or visit the anti-spam page at www.rvskin.com for step by step instructons.

5. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the crm114.sourceforge.net Was it hard to implement into a Cpanel machine with Exim? The documentation mentions Procmail only

Have you heard of bogofilter? I haven't tried it but heard from someone else it works really well.