WSS Group

Mar 30, 2015
Worldwide
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It is a real pain and fear for any company that wants to provide robust, fast and secure web hosting solution. Always doing the A/B testing to find out the best optimal configuration but as far as there are many options and modules it's heard to obtain the right configuration combining all factors of successful performance and stability.

cPanel is trying its best to give all options available however each company does have its own requirements, and sharing experience will be much helpful.

We are building new server with high specs to provide best solution include:
- Performance
- Stability
- Reliability
- Security

Processors: Dual Intel Hex Core E5-2630v1
Memory: 32GB RAM
Hard Disk: 4x 2TB 7.2k HDD
SSD for OS: 1x 120Gb SSD
RAID: RAID 10
Control Panel: cPanel inc cPanel
Bandwidth: 10Tb Bandwidth
Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbps Port
Code:
Processors: Dual Intel Hex Core E5-2630v1
Memory: 32GB RAM
Hard Disk: 4x 2TB 7.2k HDD
SSD for OS: 1x 120Gb SSD
RAID: RAID 10
Control Panel: cPanel inc cPanel
Bandwidth: 10Tb Bandwidth
Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbps Port
Most of the sites are using CMS's mostly Wordpress then Joomla then Drupal. Thus We are trying to find the optimal configuration. Especially when it comes to high volume traffic sites.

After reading lots of articles I've been advised to go with FCGI(FastCGI) but the scary part is security although it's secure but considered a level down secure then SuPHP. I'm planning to add Varnish with Eaccelerator and adding the memcache.

Using EasyApache 4 we will install
- Mod FastCGI v2.3.9
- Asis
- AuthnDefault
- Mod Qos 11.5
- MPM Worker
- MemCache
- Cache
- Disk Cache
- Mod Bandwidth
- EAccelerator
- memcache

Plus Varnish

I didn't list all the modules just picked the top I think. As far as I know that most popular hosting companies run SuPHP and everything is fine. Also I found DSO is the best regarding performance but not a good option for security.

I think I'm confused with options as some modules won't work with others thus what you think the best combination to serve high traffic volume sites with security and stability.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I've moved this thread to our "Workarounds and Optimization" forum, as the user-feedback you are seeking is related to optimization.

Thank you.