Server Pros

Nov 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I realize it some of us might compete for customers but after 20 years of hosting I've finally switched to cPanel from Plesk. A lot of options. In fairness Plesk as a lot of options as well now.

But let me just ask. What is the best site builder for functionality and user experience? They all work with one control panel or another so it's just a matter of what the customer experience is. They could go to a site like Wix and think that's the end-all-be-all but some people want real web hosting. So what's the best site builder?

Thank you in advance!

Server Pros

Nov 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I would recommend Softaculous sitepad website builder. It can be integrated with cPanel. And can install variety of softwares including WordPress.

http://www.softaculous.com/docs/admin/installing-softaculous-in-cpanel/#installing-softaculous

Regards
Tyson Vane
Thanks for the reply. I think I mentioned Fantastico and what I actually meant was Softaculous. I'm green to cpanel but I know the difference. LOL. I didn't realize it had a site builder in it. I'm looking at - Removed - but with their crappy looking website I don't know if I can expect much out of them. If they put so little effort into their front door what's behind it? I suppose I can offer choices and up sell. I will check out site pad. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Server Pros

Nov 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I appreciate the replies and I don't want to be rude or dismissive of any provider. I have been looking at - Removed - because it was provided with Plesk in the beginning and then it was $9.95 and then it jumped up to $19.95. This price witchery was one of the reasons I switch to cpanel. Not to mention that their own website to me is a disaster with very poor navigation.

Once again, I don't want to be rude or dismissive towards any company. I'm sure they try hard. But this particular company doesn't seem to understand that an individual server may have many IP's on it especially for eCommerce sites whose merchant providers require that they have their own dedicated IP and an SSL certificate that it isn't Let's Encrypt or otherwise and states exactly who they are. - Removed - wants to go from $19.95 a month to $60 a month for servers that have multiple IP's.

So here's my question. Do the others operate the same way? It seems as if you're going to try to restrict a sitebuilder to a particular server you restrict it to the hostname which as far as I know you can't have more than one hostname on a server. I could be wrong and if I am please let me know.

I'm not trying to bash your particular company. I'm actually trying to learn something even though I've been doing this for a long time I'm an old dog that's trying to learn new tricks. I'll admit it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Server Pros

Nov 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My apologies for specifying a vendor by name. It took me by surprise because you could recommend a vendor by name. May I humbly ask how I'm to compare between vendors if I can't specify a vendor that has rather unusual pricing? I need to know specifically if anyone else has had any dealing with this particular vendor. I'm new here and I didn't intend to break a rule but I think you can understand had telling me to use one thing my name but striking the name of the one I'm asking about is kind of a contradiction.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Your comments are intact, I only removed the company name. There are other web hosting talk forums that permit going into details, bad or good, about specific companies by name; I think we'd rather not do that here.

cPanelLauren's link above to the cPanel AppCat lists many site builder options you might find of interest.

So here's my question. Do the others operate the same way? It seems as if you're going to try to restrict a sitebuilder to a particular server you restrict it to the hostname which as far as I know you can't have more than one hostname on a server.
I think the answer to your question is yes. As far as restricting a license to a specific IP, or domain, or multiples of either, or even number of users.

I think it's what works best for you, is the best site builder. Discussing the site builder provider's poor site design or poor pricing model choices takes away from the topic of best site builders.

Server Pros

Nov 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
First, thank you for responding. Second, I understand where you're coming from. I've been doing this for 20 years. But I am genuinely confused.

I am really confused because cPanelLauren responded by recommending I use installatron and install LiveSite Builder. That's the name of it. Tyrone recommended that I install softaculous and then install from their site pad. These are both recommendations by name. I asked questions regarding the name that you removed and whether or not their practices were common and now you have me confused. Two others mentioned names in a manner that sounded like an endorsement and I mentioned the name that got rejected giving an impression that a recommendation is allowed but one can't say anything negative about another. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discussion forum if you can't say anything negative about your experience with a particular piece of software?

If I may, I would respectfully ask that you figure out amongst yourselves what I can and can't do because the limited amount of time I plan on being in the forums I don't want to break any rules.

Going back to the underlying issue, I find it odd that a site building company doesn't understand that some sites have a dedicated IP but yet they sit on a server with its primary IP and at least one name server identified. There might be multiple IP's assigned on the same server for shared hosting for shared IP pools. A reseller would be an example. All of a particular resellers customers have a unique IP to that reseller even though it's still a shared IP. It's a housekeeping method. But the hostname is constant. The question I asked that I think you tried to answer was who else does this. Why would a $20 a month plan go to $60 a month because one customer on the server is required by their bank to have their own dedicated IP and a fully identify SSL certificate that contains their company name and address.

Has this discussion ever come up before? I don't want to beat a dead horse but I do want to be directed to the best site builder that by consensus works best with cpanel and has respect of end-users it also keeps my software cost low on each server.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Installatron, Fantastico, and Softaculous all have many many options for building websites and other types of software. Neither of the comments you called, endorsements, mention things like:
I'm looking at - Removed - but with their crappy looking website I don't know if I can expect much out of them.
Not to mention that their own website to me is a disaster with very poor navigation.
I'm not trying to bash your particular company
But this particular company doesn't seem to understand that an individual server may have many IP's on it
None of these comments tells anyone if you liked, or disliked the site builder though. I don't know if you've even used it by those comments.

If you found the "best site builder" that made great websites, what would that be worth? If what their website looks like, is something you take into consideration when shopping for a new site builder, I think a valid point, BTW, they may not be the right choice for you. (I'm not endorsing your comments here about their website, obviously.)

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discussion forum if you can't say anything negative about your experience with a particular piece of software?
I've left your negative comments. You've not mentioned your actual experiences with the site builder software though.

I have been looking at - Removed - because it was provided with Plesk in the beginning...
You've not mentioned your actual experiences with the site builder software here either, though.

If I may, I would respectfully ask that you figure out amongst yourselves what I can and can't do...
I think the point is clear. Discussing different site builder software, telling us which one is good, or sucks, in your opinion, after you've used it, is fine. Why didn't you like it? Why did you like it, are all valid comments.

You disliking their pricing and website doesn't serve any real purpose to the cause of looking for the best site builder, I don't think. And you've been discussing that most, so far.

First, thank you for responding. Second, I understand where you're coming from. I've been doing this for 20 years.
Nice! Me too! I'm also the guy that spoke with you in a cPanel ticket about your forums username change recently.

Your idea of someone's website/pricing, and my idea of someone's website/pricing, has no bearing on the merits of the best site builder software they may offer.