Best Solution for a customer's emails

Hyflex

May 7, 2015
London
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

We have a customer who has over 10GB of emails and I'm pretty sure we can help them save some space because

They basically have the following emails accounts setup in cPanel:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

- They only login to [email protected] and [email protected] and [email protected]

- They have emails set to forward from [email protected] and [email protected] to forward to p[email protected]
- They have emails set to forward from [email protected] setup to forward to [email protected] and [email protected]
- They have emails set to forward from [email protected].com to forward to [email protected]
- They have emails set to forward from help@otherwebsite.com to forward to support@website.com

As they never login to all of the following emails, surely those accounts can be deleted because as far as I am aware you don't need an inbox to forward? Correct?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Any advice would be welcome!

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Actually, you could probably outright remove some of these mailboxes. When an account exists a forwarder will deliver mail to the existing mailbox as well as the forwarding mailbox. When the account doesn't exist it delivers only to the forwarding mailbox. My assumption is, in the case of the 2 [email protected], [email protected] [email protected] and [email protected] no one is logging into these mailboxes and removing the mail. So yes with that understanding you could most likely save them some space by removing those mailboxes.