The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Suitable Operator to Filter Spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by technouser, Dec 2, 2009.

1. technouser

technouser Registered

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi Folks

Yesterday I applied some Account Level Filtering rules to push spam emails into a separate spam folder. Today I have not received some important emails; neither in inbox nor in spam folder. Could you please help me on this matter. Here is the scenario. I want to create a Rule to Filter all emails containing 'men' as a whole word in their subject line rather than menu or mention etc.

When I apply subject equals men, it filters only email having complete subject as single word 'men'. It does not filter email with subjects like 'men at their best' or 'men or women' etc.

When I apply subject matches regex men, it does filter email having men as a part of word in the subject line e.g. 'design menu', 'mention not' etc.

When I apply subject contains men, it filters all emails with subject like 'men or women', 'menu design'

Could you please advise how can I apply a filter to distinguish emails with a complete word 'men' only in the subject line e.g. 'men', 'men at their best' rather than 'menu design' or 'women' etc.

Your earliest response would be highly appreciated.

The environment detail is as under:
    Hosting package MonsterPower
    cPanel Version 11.24.5-RELEASE
    cPanel Build 38506
    Theme hostmonster
    Apache version 2.2.14 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.11
    MySQL version 5.0.81-community-log
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating system Linux
    Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl