The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to split addons into seperate accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PbG, Aug 6, 2004.

1. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

I've got a 3GB account with one addon domain, four email forwarders, no resident/stored email accounts and no databases. I want to upgrade the account to a reseller, split the two domains and move them to a new server.

I'm thinking I should setup the two domains on the new server and scp the combined account to the main domain on the new server. Then copy the addon domain data to it's own account and delete the same from the combined account on the new server. Then change the ownership of the files in the former addon to the user name of the new account. I've already lowered the TTL's on both domains in preparation for the move ... and once done I will point the DNS zones on the old server to the appropiate IP's on the new server. I fear if I use the copy script I will have to clean up the DNS and every other file that Cpanel aliased and/or associated with the addon and original domain on the new server. Are I missing anything? Is there an easier/better way to do this?

TIA