The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

better server bandwidth monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoftDux, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I would like to have better server bandwidth monitorning, and would like to know what other people use.

When I check the bandwidth usage in WHM > Account Information > View Bandwidth usage, I can see the one server has about 2GB total bandwidth usage.

Yet, the Cacti graphs that run on the switch port indicates 13GB bandwidth usage.

I know WHM only shows each user's bandwidth usage, but not the server's own (i.e. cPanel updates, backups, etc) - and I need that info as well.

I have thought of installing ntop on the cPanel box, which will even tell me where / what / who has used what bandwidth, but would rather have something which is a bit more "professional". Any suggestions?

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

We use Munin, which is part of a default install. This may be what you are looking for, please enable it and if it not what you need let me know:

To enable Munin:
    WHM >> cPanel >> Manage Plugins

I hope that gets you fixed up. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I already have munin installed, but it doesn't give me detailed stats like ntop would. and I can't get ntop installed either, so I'm looking for some alternative solutions where possible.