Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Big Files+FTP = Bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JakReloaded, Apr 23, 2005.

1. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey Everyone,

You will have to excuse my crazy ammount of recent questions but we just upgraded to a dedicated box so are still getting use to some of the new cool features we have :D.

Anyway onto my weired FTP issue, im using Pure-FTPD as the server and Bullet PRoof FTP Client to upload my files with. Now the weird thing is when ever i try to upload any file which is a little larger than normal say like 10Mb or so it keeps failing, and i dont know why.

Here is the error BulletProof FTP tells me:

Now it is uploading to the right directory as everything else uploads a treat except for larger files of any kind...any ideas whats so bad?

Cheers
    JakReloaded

2. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey Just an update,

It seems now if i upload any file i get this error. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
    JakReloaded

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The only suggestion that I could suggest would be to try switching to proftpd and see if the problem goes away. You could then try switching back again to pureftpd.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

It sounds to me it could possiibly be a passive ftp issue.

Do you have passive ftp connections enabled in your ftp client and also do you have a firewall on that server? You may need to open more ports for the passive ports if you do.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Unless you have an SPI firewall like APF of course, then there would b no need to open any ethereal ports at all for PASV mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

True, I have seen this issue a lot however where clients have switched from proftpd to pure-ftpd who are using iptables scripts or haven't enabled passive connections within their ftp clients.