The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Noob Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmericanFashion, Sep 1, 2005.

1. AmericanFashion

AmericanFashion Registered

Helpppp!!!!

Hello,

I have run multiple free websites before and had them be as successfull as possible. I recently recieved an awesome sale pitch, and im diving in on it. So, I regged a domain and im using a webhost that uses cpanel.
    I did this yesterday. My domain name doesnt work yet; amefas.com...Webhost said my domain needs to be pointed or w/e...I understand that. What im unclear on is that I can use my ip address to login but I cant seem to do anything except make simple html pages. Can't edit the addons I've installed etc. because theyre on my domain name, not my ip...And I cant change that...Is this normal or is there something wrong?

#1 AmericanFashion, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    perfectly normal until your domain resolves correctly but you shoud be able to log in and make changes to your addons (by this i asume you mean subdomains)

and by they way one of your hosts nameservers isnot responding you might want to have them fix that