The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big trouble with mailman...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mindnetcombr, Sep 1, 2009.

1. mindnetcombr

mindnetcombr Member

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english.

I have the following problem:

A customer create a list on mailman and added more than 300.000 emails. Then, when the month change, mailman try to send one password reminder for each one of 300.000 members of the list.

This overloaded my server. I deleted the user account (to try stop mailman) but not work. I restarted cpanel, mailman a reboot - but mailman back and continue send the password reminder emails...

This is running on latest 14 hours, and continue.

I cant disable mailman, anothers users need this software and dont work, when I enable again mailman will start send the password reminders.

So, how-to stop all currect activities on mailman? something like "reset" mailman?

Any ideas?

Thank.

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Mailman problems

Hello,

So if I understand correctly you are simply wanting to stop mailmain so you can take care of that mailing list? If that is the case you can go into WHM > tweak settings and disable mailman there. If that does not work please let me know.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. craigedmonds

craigedmonds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have just had EXACTLY the same experience, however stopping mailman via WHM > tweak setting disables it globally meaning the legit users mailman accounts stop also.

We deleted the offending mailman list and when we turn the mailman service back on, the mails simply start up again.

Its been like this for around 4 days now, where the server is at high load and we have to keep emptying out the mail queue.

4. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

You've already posted about this in another thread at this location. I only mention this as it's usually best to keep an issue reported in one thread to ensure the most consistency for discussion on it. I had replied on the other thread for my suggestion on what happened (that the list didn't get entirely removed).