The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big troubles after RAID crash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackcat, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Hi all

After a RAID crash on our NFS system on monday, i had to recover alle home directory's of our users. Now if got troubles with the cPanel software. Exim sender verify fails, account creating is screwed up, wrong file permissions on homedirs, crashing mysql and so ... it's driving me crazy :eek:

Currently WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-S83 is installed.

One Box is running RH9 (most stuff is running here)
    Box Two is running Fedora (nearly nothing is working here)

I got no spare machine here to make a fresh setup.

Some more infos :

Mail fails on sending an receiving, looks like the software dosen't know the domain. But, if I take a look at the customers /mail and /etc the account looks good. It's also possible to administrate the e-mail from cPanel. Some error stuff :

Send from mailbox:
    15.02.2006, 14:16:46: SEND - Nachricht wurde nicht versandt. Server Antwort - Sender verify failed

Sent to customer :
    550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this 550 message to verify they are valid

If edit the exim to no sender verify :
    !15.02.2006, 13:37:07: SEND - Nachricht wurde nicht versandt. Server Antwort - minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.

Authentication is turned on in that client. Whit the same client on server1 it's works. Even when I copy the exim files from server1 to server2 I'm unable to send oder receive mail.

Many of the Threads in this forum are referring to some problems with perl. So here the perl version I'm using :

This is perl, v5.8.1

So no the question for glory :eek:

Any simple idea how to get the problems fast fixed ?
    Would an update of perl an upcp fix my problems ?

Please no maybe cases, i've got 60 customers on it. Mail isn't running for nobody of them but website are running abaout 70%.

Thanks for any hint.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Ok, answer my own question :rolleyes:

Mailtrouble --> set permission 711 on the home dirs of the custmors. Account creating works again, fixed by ghost hand :confused: ... Mysql still looking for it