The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big website sending lots of email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dob3rman, Sep 18, 2008.

1. dob3rman

dob3rman Active Member

I work on a website that has tons of users (around 6000 new users a day). Whenever a new member registers we send him a welcome email. We are having a problem, lots of users register with a invalid email address (anything@yahoo.com) therefore lots of email a bouncing back. Because of all those request to invalid mailboxes, providers like yahoo blocked us. I was wondering if anyone has a way around to avoid getting blocked in the future because of invalid emails???

Any help would be greatly appreciated... if you have a good solution we are willing to pay.

2. omidi

omidi Member

hi
    you can use sender verification so before an email send, your server check exictence of that email. so invalid email not send.

3. Alan Meyer

Alan Meyer Registered

Are Yahoo and other email hosters actually blocking your emails or just treating them as spam, i.e., sending them to their users' spam folders?

If they're just treating them as spam, you can add a message to your web page explaining the problem and suggesting that people 1) check their spam folders and/or 2) add your "from" email address to their address books. People have seen these kinds of requests often and many of them will understand.

With Yahoo you can also inquire about Yahoo's program for certifying a sender as legitimate. I haven't used it and, unfortunately, some spammers have, but Yahoo does have a way for you to get on their white list.

Alan