The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Whm Problem!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swanweb, Dec 17, 2003.

1. swanweb

swanweb Registered

Nov 14, 2003
    Hi all,

I really need some help with my WHM. The server i use was attacked, and my host gave me instructions to follow as one of my customers websites where still down. These are the instructions:
    Modify Account, Change domain to something not used.
    Then go to DNS Edit. Remove the Domain altruist....
    Then Modify Account: Change the domain back
    THen DNS Edit, remove the domain you entered above.

When i got to step 2 ( Then go to DNS Edit. Remove the Domain altruist....) the domain altruist had disappeared from the list and the domain i entered was in its place. Which i thought ok well maybe it auto deleted it. But i then found when i tried to change the domain back to altruist from it did not work. It gave me the error A DNS entry already exists please delete it. I have tried entering the domain manually and lots of other stuff to get rid, but i cant. Is there any way i can get rid of this as my customer is not happy atall :).

Thank You

Swan Web Solutions
  2. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Easy way would be to modify affected account and make sure it looks correct, with (right domain name) then save, Then go to edit dns and find that dns zone config for that domain name. Right down any sub domians and add on domains in the zone.

Then delete the zone.
    Then go back and add a new dns zone. Put in the domain name and also the ip that goes with it. Then afterwards if needed go back and select edit dns zone find the zone and then add back in any sub or add on domains and save, give it a couple of hours maybe shorter and it should be ok.