The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billing software suites supporting cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eger, Nov 28, 2003.

1. eger

eger Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone knows of any billing software suites that support cPanel automation like ModernBill and WHMAutopilot. Although these are nice, they look like they DONT support custom packages for other services such as co-location billing or ISP service billing.

If anyone knows of any other software billing suites I might be able to look at that support cPanel I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Actually with whmautopilot you can have non-hosting billable services. These can be basically anything you want.

3. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

I have not tried it, but I do not see why you would not be able to create a non-cPanel billing package with MB.

4. eger

eger Well-Known Member

I have not tried it also. But I did not read anywhere that says it can. is ModernBill a good solution for cPanel?

I have also been looking at PerlBill and WHMAutopilot. All 3 look very tempting. But I do have services other than cPanel that I would like to sell and i'd prefer to use the same billing application for both.

5. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

MB is designed for Web Host billing. If you do 95+% Web Host billing you should be happy with it. I am not familiar with PerllBill or WHMAutoPilot (other than by name). One of those packages may be better suited to general billing.

6. eger

eger Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info everyone! I think we've decided on ModernBill. We'll be buying a month to month license in case we don't like it.

7. sky

sky Well-Known Member

hi all,

I know the frustration that you are looking at. Work has already begun on a billing system that is not industry specific. Our team has been building and maintaining various ERP/CRM projects and have extensive knowledge in SI and ISP billing systems.

We are looking at launch date in July 2004. I will provide the website address as soon as it is ready ( by year end). So I hope you will come by and tell us what you want for the system and if it serves generally to the main public, we will built it in. Else there is always customizations :)

#7 sky, Dec 2, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  8. pirania1

pirania1 Well-Known Member

Can we buy it already? or at least see the demo?

9. sky

sky Well-Known Member

hi pirannia ....

no it is not on sale now. We won't release software/solutions which are not complete. It is unethical to collect money for unfinished products.

However, we will be getting demo users to use the systems about 2 months before final launch. I will post the website here soon.

10. solan

solan Active Member

I have had all three Modernbill, WHMAutopilot, and Perlbill. I can give things about all of them I do/don't like. Modernbill is very advanced and not for the faint of heart! WHMAutopilot is good as well because it does provide you with some of the advance options, but Perlbill, perlbill is very basic.. basic in pretty much all functions.. but Perlbill can be seperated out into groups for billing needs

client.cgi?do=register&group=basic

basic being the {group id}, and when that is entered into the url it only pulls up the specific group ID ..

-- example --
    Basic Package Monthly
    Basic Package Semi-Yearly
    Basic Package Yearly
    -- end --

each on is a totaly seperate ID but in this case the {Group ID} are all the same which makes it part of the hole! So you can have all the same Group ID's on one page for viewing..

this is something that I've found to be very very usefull. I currently have all my hosting packages, gameserver packages, and software install packages threw PerlBill. I know the other two are more advanced in what the specifices of the job, but for a very devirce pice of software Perlbill is the way to go.

All three software companys have a full online demo and I'm sure you can go play with them.

11. solan

solan Active Member

I'm not trying to sell perlbill cuz thats not me, but it also does have the option for cpanel account auto completeion just the same as the otheres. Hope this helps any.