Code:
Copying homedir.............
Skipping access-logs
Skipping public_ftp/.ftpquota
Skipping public_html/.wysiwygPro_edit_index_php.php
Skipping .cpanel/caches
Skipping .cpanel/datastore
Skipping .sqmailattach
/bin/gtar: /var/cpanel/safesync/synclist.509.work.2GptpHe7KH83FnPJ: Cannot open: Permission denied
/bin/gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/bin/gtar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Done
This seems to happen every time, for every account. I'm running some test backups to see if I can find the cause, but maybe someone else has seen this problem before?

astopy

Apr 3, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
OK, I see what's happening here. The permissions on the synclist file are 600 when they need to be 640 (since gtar runs as the user whose account is being backed up). I assume this needs to be fixed in SafeSync.pm, but I'm not sure.

astopy

Apr 3, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Ah, ha! The experimental "Enable use of optimized account backup tool" option is the cause. I guess it still needs some work :)

zodiac9797

Apr 17, 2011
Same problem here!

Code:
/bin/gtar: /var/cpanel/safesync/synclist.555.work.kpLo5U7BzT7DUVr0: Cannot open: Permission denied
/bin/gtar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
I like the use of optimized backup tool, is there any other solution to this problem?

mahinder

Jun 12, 2003
matrix
i am also getting this error during account transfer or running /scripts/pkgacct command, i checked /var/cpanel/safesync and /bin/gtar, /bin/tar permissions everything looks okay. please help.

/bin/gtar: /var/cpanel/safesync/synclist.32001.work.qbnKDhDfMb6p1DbY: Cannot open: Permission denied
/bin/gtar: /var/cpanel/safesync/synclist.32001.work.rCkzwPT1zXSwCL9W: Cannot open: Permission denied
/bin/gtar: /var/cpanel/safesync/synclist.32001.work.VdLw8wlv7ygOzIhj: Cannot open: Permission denied

mahinder

Jun 12, 2003
matrix
no i don't have optimized backup enabled. i created ticket and cpanel engineer fixed it for me. its a bug in cpanel with centos 4 (centos 4 is pretty old). :rolleyes:

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Would you be able to provide the ticket number to see what was said about CentOS 4 and this issue?

mahinder

Jun 12, 2003
matrix
sorry i forgot to update this thread, it was happening due to old perl version installed on machine. we updated perl to latest one with /scripts/perlinstaller and now everything is working fine.