Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Bind 8 ? Bond 9 ? Nick??

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by rpmws, Mar 4, 2002.

1. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I just noticed I am using bind 9 but my WHM has always said ver8 in the &Edit Setup& .. what will this do if I change it to 9.?? Could this be my weird problem with using localhost in my resolv.conf? ir is thsi just a way for WHM to know how to interact with bind? I guess it should be changed. What do I need to do to make it happen and test it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:d337a96534][i:d337a96534]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:d337a96534]

I just noticed I am using bind 9 but my WHM has always said ver8 in the &Edit Setup& .. what will this do if I change it to 9.?? Could this be my weird problem with using localhost in my resolv.conf? ir is thsi just a way for WHM to know how to interact with bind? I guess it should be changed. What do I need to do to make it happen and test it? [/quote:d337a96534]

bind 8 and bind 9 support are exactly the same time ..