Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

BIND issues - Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Def, May 12, 2005.

1. Def

Def Well-Known Member

So far 3 of 4 cpanel servers have had BIND problems. If you try to restart BIND errors occur. To fix it I have to do the following:

/scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    then
    /scripts/fixndc

Is this just happening to me as the problem started earlier in the week and I haven't seen any others posting about it. Just seems strange that this would happen on 3 servers within days of each other.

2. havardr

havardr Member

you might wanna tell us what kind of problems you are experiencing.. like error messages and such

3. Def

Def Well-Known Member

Well you know, obviously if I'm having to restart BIND then sites aren't pulling up due to DNS issues. When restarting BIND there are errors - I didin't write them down as so I can't tell you verbatim what they were but running the two fixes above resolved BIND.

4. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Could you please try to restart bind using the command

/usr/sbin/named -u bind -c /etc/namedb/named.conf (The user may be named and config file may be /etc/named.conf, That depends up on your machine configuration.)

And paste the
    tail -f /var/log/messages here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...